Even though I consider myself a much better cook today than I was in my first couple years of marriage, I love returning to recipes I made when I was a newlywed. Of those early marriage dishes, none was more popular than balsamic chicken. We still love the dish and the nostalgia that comes with it. Taking a bite instantly brings me back to an all-day wine tour through the Chianti region of Tuscany: sipping wine, eating boar sausage, tasting fresh cheese from a goat right outside the door. The combination of sweet crushed tomatoes with savory balsamic sauce transports you to a small village on an Italian hillside. Bon Appetit.
This post contains affiliate links for products I love.
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with your favorite Italian seasoning. I received this Tuscan salt blend for a gift, but I’ve also used: , or a .
Heat oil in a large skillet (I prefer ) over medium high heat; add chicken. Cook chicken thighs 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Once cooked set on a plate with tented foil on top.
Add tomatoes to the pan with the browned fond. Cook 4 minutes or until skins pop.
Stir in and water. Pop tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon, and cook 4 min. Add chicken to pan and coat in sauce.
Finish, and plate your dish. Bon appetit.
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt, Italian seasoning, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; add chicken. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove chicken and place on plate with tinted foil.
- Add cherry tomatoes to skillet, leaving browned bits. Cook tomatoes for 4 min or until tomato skins pop. You may have to push with back of a wooden spoon to help pop skins.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and water, scraping up browned bits from the pan.
- Cook 4 minutes or until chicken is done and liquid has thickened to a sauce.